Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Akashic Records

For well over a century, the west has known about the idea of the Akashic records, apparently a supernatural record of everything that have ever or will ever happen, including records of our past present and future lives, which some people say that they can access for information. Edgar Cayce, the "sleeping prophet" was referring to the Akashic record when he obtained information during a reading, his trance self said, although a lot of what he said in a trance state actually conflicted with his own beliefs.

There are mystics and psychics who say that they are able to access the Akashic records and obtain information about the past lives of individuals. One of the most controversial of these is Brian Stalin, who, on first sight, seems to have taken nearly every famous case purporting to prove the reality of reincarnation, and to disprove it - or counter it with a reading which leads in a different direction. Thus he disagrees that Sherrie Lea Laird is the reincarnation of Marilyn Monroe, that Jeffrey Keene is the reincarnation of General Gordon or that James Leininger is the reincarnation of James Huston. Thus he discounts many of the cases which have persuaded people that reincarnation might be a real thing.

Of course, if he is right, then it raises other questions about the purpose of Jeffrey Keene recovering memories from General Gordon's life AND looking very like him. Why would that happen if he were not the reincarnation of General Gordon, what would be the purpose of it?

Brian Stalin himself says that anyone can check the validity of his readings for themselves by using a pendulum. Now, I hadn't previously used dowsing for anything other than playing at trying to find water, before I read this, and so I looked up pendulums, and saw that they have fascinated people for centuries. I suppose I had a bad feeling about pendulum dowsing mainly because I had been warned off any sort of messing with the supernatural as a child, and took the admonition to heart. However, my curiosity got the better of me, and so I made myself a pendulum and tried it for myself. And I was astonished to find that saying to the pendulum "show me a yes" and "show me a no" elicited a real response.

I had misgivings, but was so gripped by my curiosity to know what would happen that I went through the list of people on the Brian Stalin website, that I tested them all, and the pendulum agreed with Brian Stalin *even though* I didn't, consciously. That made me ever more curious, because I had always supposed that the pendulum, if it did anything at all, would simply reflect the views of the person holding it. But not in this case.

The conflict between what I consciously thought about those cases, and what the pendulum said about them was interesting to me, and so I contacted Brian Stalin for a reading, and I will put the details of what I discovered on this blog on a separate page.

It is hard to like someone who blows their own trumpet on their website (and has such a poorly designed website too) but there is something interesting going on, and I want to understand it. The paradox for me, is that I was convinced about reincarnation firstly from my own experience of spontaneously recovered memories, and secondly from the very convincing cases I have read, which included Jeffrey Keene's and James Leininger's. If we cannot rely on any of the convincing clues to the puzzle, what can we rely on? And what indeed is the purpose of having a strong resemblance to a past person and memories that the person had?

I do believe that the Akashic Records exist, because I think that each of us is exploring the material world as part of a divine plan, and that we are collecting experiences for a purpose I do not understand. But as to whether an individual may access the records and see into past lives, I cannot tell you. I think the scientist who wants this to be verifiable and scientifically tested is in for a world of pain, because I don't see a way that this can happen without taking very seriously the premise that reincarnation may be a real phenomenon. The part of me which is curious and scientific wants to be able to test DNA and see if there is any relationship between the two samples... to understand the way it might work and why.

The spiritual part of me says that people are led to the knowledge they need or can accept, at the time that they need it and you cannot force that along. Perhaps some part of the path of being a spirit in a body is that one has to learn to trust the inner guide and learn to know what your truth is, rather than know what your truth is because it has been intellectually proven to you.... I don't know.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed what you had to say. Trust yourself. New book coming out very soon. Fire in the Soul. First part is Someone Else's Yesterday followed by a new 150 page section. Best, Jeff (Past life Gen. J. B. Gordon)

    ReplyDelete